AREG’s ambition is for North-east Scotland to be recognised as a world-leading centre of excellence for the production and use of renewable energy. We have a wealth of renewable energy sources in Scotland, with emerging sectors such as floating offshore wind, hydrogen and geothermal energies all adding to that rich mix.
Our annual calendar provides a platform to showcase that diversity and we are looking for creative, imaginative images to fill its pages.
The photographs can show any type or use of renewable energy, whether that be wind, wave, hydrogen or solar power or electric vehicles and bikes or anything else the photographers choose.
Entries can also illustrate how renewable energy is integrated into communities, households, public buildings and spaces or forms part of our landscape.
Images can show people going about their daily lives as we transition to lower carbon energy or interacting with renewable sources of power as they work and play.
In addition to having their photograph featured in the calendar, the 13 winners will each receive £75. The winning images will also go on public display at Aberdeen Science Centre.
• Submitted images should be no larger than 3mb in file size. (Photographers should retain original high-resolution files and make these available if required to ensure print quality)
• Images should be supplied in landscape format – 300 dpi – minimum size 270 mm x 160 mm
• Images should be renamed to show the entrant’s name and submitted image number (e.g. joannesmithimage1.jpg)
• The cover email should include the name, address and contact number of the photographer. Entrants aged 16 and under should also include age and date of birth. A short caption (no more than 100 words) on what influenced the image/s should also be included in the cover email
• Competition is open to people living in Scotland
• Entries to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Copyright will be retained by the photographer, but entry confirms permission for AREG and the sponsor to use the images as part of its calendar and in future marketing
• Entry to this competition confirms that photographers agree to be named for marketing and promotion purposes and will feature in promotional photography if required. If a winner is aged 16 or under, we require signed permission by a parent or guardian
Copyright of all submissions is retained by the entrant, but by entering the competition the entrant:
• Warrants that he/she is the owner of the copyright and all, if any, other intellectual property rights relating to the photograph and that entering it into this competition does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any other person
• Grants in favour of AREG a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable and perpetual licence to reproduce and use of said photograph in its 2024 calendar, on its website and social media platforms, for marketing and promotional material purposes and inclusion in public exhibition
• Closing date for the competition is noon on Friday, September 15, 2023
• Winners will be notified by 30 October 2023
• Calendar will be published and launched in December 2023
• Jean Morrison, chair, AREG
• Gayle Grant, director, BIG Partnership
• Derek Ironside, director, Newsline Media
• Broadshore and Bellrock floating offshore wind projects representative
Join our 180+ influential member companies from around the world to receive access to international delegations, regular events, and networking opportunities, as well as industry insights and project updates.