The European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (EOWDC) is Scotland’s largest offshore wind test and demonstration facility which has been developed by Vattenfall-owned Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm Limited and is supported by AREG.
Located in Aberdeen Bay, the innovative 93.2MW 11-turbine offshore wind scheme is trialling next generation technology and boosting the industry’s drive to competitive clean power.
Underlining the vision for the more than £300 million EOWDC is the installation of V164-8.4MW turbines paired with suction bucket foundations. An industry first. First power started generating in summer 2018 with the project operating for 20 years.
- Annually produce 309 GWh.
- Have an installed capacity of 92.4MW.
- Annually displace 132,977 tonnes of CO2.
- Remove the equivalent of 730,492 cars from UK roads throughout its lifetime.
- Produce enough electricity every year to meet the equivalent annual demand of 78,529 homes.
- Generate the equivalent of 70% of Aberdeen’s domestic electricity demand and 23% of Aberdeen’s total demand.