The Energy Institute (EI) is the leading chartered professional membership body for the energy industry, supporting over 19,000 individuals working in or studying energy and 250 energy companies worldwide. The EI provides learning and networking opportunities for professional development, as well as professional recognition and technical and scientific knowledge resources on energy in all its forms and applications.
The EI’s purpose is to develop and disseminate knowledge, skills and good practice towards a safe, secure and sustainable energy system. A registered charity, the EI serves society with independence, professionalism and a wealth of expertise in energy matters.
Some of the ways we support the industry include:
- Professional recognition via chartered titles. The EI is licensed to award Chartered Engineer, Chartered Energy Engineer, Chartered Petroleum Engineer, Chartered Scientist, Chartered Environmentalist and Chartered Energy Manager titles. It also offers Incorporated and Engineering Technical status.
- Publication of industry-recognised technical standards and codes of good practice, covering topics such as management of contractors, safer design of offshore installations, management of safety critical elements and many more. Resulting publications are available at www.energypublishing.org.
- Online knowledge resources providing access to the EI’s extensive collection of books, periodicals and briefings – knowledge.energyinst.org.Responses to UK government consultations through facilitation of debate on energy policy.
- International events and training courses on topics that include renewable energy, sustainable development, energy demand and energy auditing, power generation, carbon capture and storage, upstream and downstream oil and gas
- Industry surveys on leadership skills, skills needs, sources of future talent and the needs and expectations of energy professionals.
- Career development support – www.careers.energyinst.org
For further information contact:
Marketing and Communications Director
61 New Cavendish Street