Aberdeen Heat and Power Co Ltd is an independent, not-for-profit company established to develop and manage combined heat and power (CHP) schemes.
CHP is the simultaneous generation of electric power and usable heat in a single process. A CHP system generates electricity locally and captures the heat produced to provide space heating and hot water to nearby buildings. This achieves an efficiency of around 85% for the combined production of electricity and heat at the point of use.
Because the high efficiency of CHP systems result in low carbon emissions, the modern small-scale CHP plants developed by Aberdeen Heat and Power are accredited as producers of “green” electricity. The company trades in the electricity it generates locally.
- Stockethill project supplying heat to 288 flats in 4 high rise blocks of flats, has been extended to include larger generation capacity and connection to a further 4 blocks comprising 380 flats.
- A new energy centre has been constructed at Tillydrone to initially supply heat to 7 multi-storey blocks comprising 470 flats. This centre is built with capacity to expand to the wider Tillydrone area in future.
- Hazlehead project supplying heat to 4 high rise blocks of flats, a sheltered housing scheme, Hazelhead Pavilion, Hazlehead Academy and swimming pool.
- Seaton project supplying heat to 1200 flats within 14 high rise blocks, the Beach Leisure Centre, Beach Ballroom and Linx Ice Rink. The District Heat Network has now been expanded to supply another 6 public buildings including the Town House.
- Heat to supply Aberdeen Sports Village and new Aquatics Centre.
For further information contact:
Aberdeen Heat and Power Company
63 Cotton Street
T: +44 (0)1224 580058