How to join?
To apply for membership, follow the simple steps below:
- Download the membership application form, which include your membership benefits and terms and conditions.
- Return the signed and completed form to us by email to MMCCorkindale@aberdeencity.gov.uk
- We will send you an invoice and membership welcome pack.
Why you should join?
Now more than ever, membership of AREG is essential for local organisations involved in the rapidly-growing renewables sector or those wishing to get involved.
AREG is an unrivalled energy network drawn from Aberdeen City and Shire’s globally competitive and networked centre of energy excellence. The local energy industry has a proven track over 40 years in energy development, production and management, innovation and cost reduction. It comprises approximately 1,000 companies, between them active in 65 markets and employing over 40,000 people.
AREG’s membership of around 160 companies and organisations is successfully transferring skills learned in offshore oil and gas production to a variety of renewable energy technologies. Members’ skills include:
- Energy production, management, operations and maintenance, problem solving
- Environmental, engineering, technical, commercial, legal and risk assessment diligence services
- Engineering design, prototyping, fabrication, certification
- Modelling, project design, commissioning, installation, management
- Vessels, access, offshore services, anchoring
- Cable laying, trenching, moorings, electrical controls
- Inspection, instrumentation, condition and performance monitoring
- Logistics, emergency response, standards, training, health and safety
- Geotechnical, geophysical, oceanography, meteorology
AREG’s activities in support of members include membership services, supply chain development, industry strategy, policy advice, lobbying and the facilitation of important economic development projects.
Membership is open to any organisation with a head office or long–term operations in Aberdeen City and Shire and also to Scottish, UK and international headquartered organisations operating in the renewables sector and wishing to engage, network and do business with Aberdeen based companies.
- Free attendance at AREG members meetings (6 per year)
- Profile listing and company logo in the printed and USB version of the AREG Members Directory. This is distributed from the AREG stand at the Scottish Renewable Offshore Wind, Annual and Marine and All-Energy conferences. It is also provided to key stakeholders in government and agencies and prestigious inward missions from international markets
- The directory and individual profile entries are also featured on the AREG website
- Use of the AREG member logo on your promotional material
- Free attendance at one business reception linked to a key renewables event
- Opportunity to network and keep abreast of the latest thinking on topical issues affecting your sector
- New alert service, which includes the opportunity to promote your events and news to our members
Cost of membership is £275 + VAT per annum